Behind the enchantment of the winter landscape and festivities that go with it, the winter gives us a hard time when it comes ofclothing. Stack the garments on oneself, is not the only solution, it will also need to choose the materials suited for the winter. There are actually certain textile fibers in particular have been thought to keep us warm. What are they ? We made the turn on the question in this article.
Natural materials or synthetic fabrics ?
Before we go any further, answer this question that always comes up when one addresses the issue of fabric in the field of clothing.
It goes without saying that natural fibres offer good prospects : it is eco-friendly in most cases and the air circulation is more dynamic to prevent the excessive sweating. However, the main disadvantage is the price : the natural fibers are more expensive.
The other hand, we have synthetic fibres, which are in general variants of the industrialized natural materials. Thanks to progress, these fabrics are manufactured in the factory according to process synthetic reproduce almost the same characteristics as their natural counterparts, and mitigate their potential disadvantages. In addition, they are more affordable in price level.
Also, choosing between natural material and synthetic material is a matter of your personal preference, your habits of dress and your budget. In many cases, garment manufacturers rely on a mix to take the benefits of these two broad categories of tissue.
These natural materials that keep us warm
Cotton, wool, cashmere, these are the natural fibres in the most demand in the cold season. Why record it if successful ?
Cotton, an ally in any season !
The cotton is without a doubt the natural fabric is the most prevalent and the most sought-after, regardless of the season. In effect, it grants him several virtues :
- Breathable and absorbent : moisture such as sweat are absorbed easily by the cotton ; this is why we use its fibers for the bath towels.
- Insulation : the cotton has such a strong point, almost magical. It keeps us cool during summer and warm during the winter.
- Resistant to high temperature : the cotton resists a very high temperature either by washing or ironing. This greatly facilitates its maintenance.
The wool, the fabric emblematic of the winter
The wool, it is only once each year : during the winter period. Found on sweaters, and ponchos, it is as a reference due to the thickness of the fibers.
Of course, there are always the incidents of the wool sweater that scratches at the neck ; it is a typical case for the non treated wool. Please note that it is hypoallergenic, which means that the skin tolerates and that you can't be allergic to it. Moreover, wool is a fabric that conforms to the shape of your body to the extent where it can stretch up to 1/3 of its length. But since they are not elastic, it does not resume its original shape.
Cashmere, a luxury democratized
It is well past the time when kashmir was reserved for a certain layer of the society. Today, it is democratized and can be found on the shelves of ready-to-wear. Such as cotton, cashmere has the characteristics insulating and absorbent. And, unlike wool, it is lighter, less thick, definitely more sweet, but much more warm. The cashmere is recommended for those who do not like to wear thick warm.
The synthetic materials that are ideal in the winter
More affordable and more accessible, the synthetic fibers have their place in the winter.
- Polyester : version industrialized, it is more robust and a lot more warm. Hence, the choice of manufacturers of sportswear, which look more to the polyester than cotton.
- Viscose : it is designed from the natural fibers, but processed and assembled according to a synthetic process. Lightly, she is no less warm and offers, as a bonus, a very silky feel to your clothing.
- Acrylic : thermal Insulation par excellence, the fibers of acrylic are listed in the winter to the extent that they protect them from the cold, even being very light. In addition, they are well known to confer a made of soft and silky clothing. In other words, it is a synthetic fabric mixing some of the benefits of wool and cashmere. The acrylic also has a major advantage : it is thermoplastic , which means that it is a fabric that does not wrinkle and, in the same logic does not need to be ironed.
How to make the materials adapted to in the winter even more warm ?
At BabaCheap, a specialist in the sale of clothing ethnic, we do not merely use these materials in our autumn-winter collection. We are, we bring more gains !
Finished in velvet : in addition to its sweetness infinite, the velour provides more warmth and significantly improves the final rendering of your clothes ethnic.
Faux fur : for the sake of animal protection, we rely on faux fur more true-to-nature as the internal lining of our warm clothes.
The padding in polyester : soft, soft and particularly warm, this kind of padding will help you to avoid to let the snow get the better of you. This is the kind of surplus that goes well with the materials to be adapted for the winter.